< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.darklock.com/blog/" >

A Voice in the Dark

In AD 2101 war was beginning. What happen? Someone set up us the bomb! We get signal. What? Main screen turn on. It's you. How are you gentlemen!! All your base are belong to us!! You are on the way to destruction. What you say? You have no chance to survive. Make your time. HA HA HA HA.... Take off every 'Zig' You know what you doing! Move 'Zig' For great justice.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Americans? Arrogant? Nahhh.

I've been really busy today. So while I was aware that London was bombed, I didn't know any of the details. I turned on the ten o'clock news to find out, and I learned four major things over the past half hour.

1. An attack in western Washington is not anticipated.
2. Nevertheless, Seattle public transportation is under increased security.
3. No Microsoft employees were affected by the bombing.
4. No Starbucks employees were seriously injured in the bombing.

So I've been waiting half an hour to see what the hell went down in London, and the only thing I'm hearing is what isn't happening to us here in the Seattle area.

Plus I'm really cheesed off that the day I planned to launch the new Crap Comix site, people are blowing more shit up. WTF is it with my comic launch dates? Am I just doomed to have shit blow up whenever I plan a big anniversary or other major event? This sucks.

But while I am aware of how this situation in London affects my tiny little personal plans to draw stupid comics, I have not confused my disenfranchisement with news. I recognise that Microsoft is a big part of local culture, but it is simply shocking and offensive to think I am more interested in how Microsoft was affected than I am in how London itself was affected. This is like reporting on the recent tsunami with expert opinions that Seattle is probably not going to have one. It is not news that I was going to launch a web site today, but now have to hold off while the bombing blows over. That is just me and my petty little self-centered wants and desires. Compared to the people injured or killed in London, they are very petty indeed, and I have certainly not lost all sense of proportion.

Which apparently makes me a much smarter journalist than the idiots our local TV news has been hiring.

0 Comments:

<< Home