< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.darklock.com/blog/" >

A Voice in the Dark

In AD 2101 war was beginning. What happen? Someone set up us the bomb! We get signal. What? Main screen turn on. It's you. How are you gentlemen!! All your base are belong to us!! You are on the way to destruction. What you say? You have no chance to survive. Make your time. HA HA HA HA.... Take off every 'Zig' You know what you doing! Move 'Zig' For great justice.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Woohoo! I got a comment

Someone named "e" posted a comment, and it was actually a positive comment. I'm so excited. It's like having your first fan. It's literally the only evidence I have that anybody reads this stuff.

There are a lot of ways I could generate more traffic faster on this blog, but I've chosen not to use them. I think the basic idea of the blog community is to just say what you think, and your audience will just gradually arrive as they start to resonate with what you're thinking.

I'm always tempted by Outside the Beltway and their daily Beltway Traffic Jam. It would be really easy to just toss a link up there, and get a little exposure. OTB is a pretty heavily trafficked blog.

What stops me from doing that is the general idea that it's sort of... well, cheating. It's not in any way immoral or unethical, but it just seems like I should let search results and word of mouth do the work. I do have two links out there, according to The Truth Laid Bear, tracked in the last week of July and first week of August respectively. They're probably links tracked from comments I made on other blogs or on Slashdot. TTLB won't show them to me. (When I click on "show all links", I get a blank white screen.)

I like the organic idea. If I just stick with this and ramble about what interests me, other people will eventually migrate over and start paying attention. Will it take longer? Sure. But that's how things grow... slowly, in fits and starts, until they either fall over and die or burst into bloom.

You might say I'm a dreamer.

4 Comments:

<< Home